Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mini blog post # 1 My opinion on Back to the Future

My first overall opinion on back to the future was good, I was enjoying it and thought it was a well constructed film. This was however, the first half we watched in class.  The second half of the film wasn't as good as I had expected and what everyone had cracked it up to be.  This was my first time watching the movie and everyone in our class had cracked it up to be this epic film, when really I found it just average.


I found it kind of dumb in the second half because it seems like they just tried to wrap it all up fast and didn't have a very good final conclusion, even though I know they were trying to leave the ending open for a sequel. They ended it with Marty, Marty's girlfriend and 'Doc' flying away in the Delorean, if you ask me, very lame ending... Even if it is leaving it open for a sequel. I also found the way they taped up the letter to Doc and Doc later found it in his coat kind of dumb because the whole point of being so careful in 1955 was to not mess up the future and it made sense to me when Doc first ripped up the letter.  Later on I find out Doc keeps the letter... It kind of ruins the whole movie, like Marty had to be so careful not to ruin the future by not talking to anyone other than his dad and his mom.  Doc also stated "I can't read it, it will ruin the future!" he says it himself and then does it.... Pretty selfish!

The last thing I didn't like about it was how the parents and Biff didn't recognize Marty.  Marty played such a big role in all of their lives and none of them realize who Marty is.  It's not like Marty changed at all he was still the same age and had all the exact same physical features. I also don't know why Marty's Dad would hire Biff to wax his car, like Biff bullied him all throughout highschool.  If I was Marty's Dad I would not hire someone who bullied me like Biff did.

No comments:

Post a Comment